Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eye Doctors and Eyes

Hi all. Well i went today to the regular eye doctor because i am needing new glasses. Well i already knew left eye was not an option as far as getting glasses and wasn't sure where my right eye was... but guess what... I can legally drive in the state of Oklahoma and all other 49 states.... for a one eyed driver i needed to have 20/80 vision or better... before i would have limitations set upon me... i have 20/35 vision... according to Dr. Lavale I am doing great for all that i have gone through... and he has ordered my glasses so that i can see things clearer... i am so thankful... he even told me that my eyes looked very good for as much as i have had done to them. But I get to start sewing again... and driving again... no one would understand it unless you have been without driving.... so just a couple more weeks... then look out.... tomorrow i go back to the surgeon and find out about another left eye surgery.... so on to better things... hmmm i am wondering which to do first... quilt wize.... i am thinking Jodi's wedding quilt... but then again i am thinking about one i saw in a magazine last night....Well Christmas is next week.... I only got Gavyn and Bailey things... I didn't get very much this year because money is tight... but Gavyn will love his new 4 wheeler... it is a little 12 volt battery powered 4 wheeler... i am excited about giving it to him... it is just big enough for him but he will love it... he loves the 4 wheeler and gator that his dad and Papa (my dad) have... I have found that the best place to get him some clothes is at the Dollar Store... nice little outfits that aren't name brand but 5 to 10 bucks for a whole outfit... that boy is growing so right now name brand wouldn't be a good thing.... Now Bailey who is Marc's daughter is 10... I got her a few things I think a young girl will like... of course i am relearning about young girls because Jodi wasn't a normal girl she didn't like the girly things... but Bailey does... Marc is having a hard time of it now because he has colon cancer that has spread to his liver.... he is going through 5 and 1/2 weeks of radiation and chemo and i know it is hard on him... and especially here at christmas... that is why i volunteered to help him buy christmas and birthday for Bailey... because he just couldn't go do it.... between 5 days of radiation and 5 days of chemo and working 5 or 6 days a weeks... it takes its toll on him... i do feel bad for him and i know he is having it tougher than i am... but i am in hopes that all will be ok for him in the end... hmmm being 40 and sick is for the birds... i am just lucky that it's my eyes and not a lot worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment