Friday, February 27, 2009

Stress and Walking

Some people would say that I don't work in a high stress job. But those who know my boss would say different. Everyday there is a new set of problems. Either real or imagined. Some days it would seem that I can handle things better than others but in reality it is just that I handle it the same way just some days I am quieter than others. But stress is destructive to body, mind and soul. I know that high levels of stress can cause high blood pressure, diabetes, mental anguish, sleepless nights and a lot of tears. and with job stress on top of everyday life stress sometimes it becomes too much. I have yet to find the right thing that would allow me to get through it better than I have. But somethings that I have done are these: psychologist, drugs, walking, eating and so forth. Well I am trying to do away with two of those things... the eating and drugs... So that leaves walking and psychologist. Walking seems to work the best because a person can get a lot of thought out of the way when walking. also a lot of anger out when walking. When I walk I talk the whole time a lot of the time i probably look like a maniac talking to myself as I walk down the street but it helps me get it out in the open and actually hear what I am struggling with. I know for the first part of my walk I am usually cussing and getting the anger out, I have a lot of anger due to my boss. Then I start on the last part of my job reasoning out everything. I don't need an ipod of music to walk to because my cadence at first is usually fast and hard. then as I calm down i slow and cool off. benefits are of walking stress relief and sleep a deep sleep. oh and of course losing weight... So if you see me walking and talking if i am walking fast don't stop me or you might get in on my ire. And no i am not nuts... just trying not to become that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment