Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Protein

Did you know that "PROTEIN" is essential to muscle repair, hair and nail growth, and healing... I didn't until I had bariatric surgery. That is why i drink protein drinks, and eat my protein (meat) first... before veggies and fruits...my typical day is like this...
Breakfast -
1 egg
2 slices of bacon
1/8 cup of cheese
2 tablespoons of soy milk light
1 pat of butter
OR
1 cup of soy milk light
1 scoop of protein powder (usually EAS chocolate or NECTAR Chocolate Truffle)

Morning snack
1 scoop of protein powder (usually NECTAR Strawberry or Cherry or even Lemon)
1 packet of crystal light Whatever flavor matches the Nector
2 cups of water

Lunch
1 small can of tuna or can of chicken
2 tablespoons of light mayo
2 dill pickle slices chopped
1 slice of onion chopped
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
1 cup of chopped spinach leaves (try to eat dark green leafy lettuce)

Afternoon Snack
1 scoop of protein powder (NECTAR)
1 packet of crystal light
2 cups of water

Dinner
3 to 4 ounces of beef, chicken or fish (pork and I do not agree for some reason)
1 cup of spinach or romaine lettuce (again dark green leafy lettuce)
1/2 cup of some kind of veggies (green beans, squash, etc)
2 tablespoons of salad dressing (i use the regular stuff i don't eat that much so i eat it to go down)
2-4 tablespoons of something to go on top of my meat to go down usually a sauce of some type i have to have this because if not i throw up i usually make up something using 0% Fage Yogurt...

Evening Snack
Something low carb like Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding or a "cake" made from protein powders (as seen on www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com) or as most nights nothing at all

so as you can see i do not starve at all. My calories stay between 900 to 1200 per day 100 of those are protein, and 30-40 are net carbs (carbs minus fiber). I don't feel hungry and with the solid protein's i stay satisfied longer through out the day. I don't get the pangs of starvation like I did eating the high carb stuff i used to eat...

I have to tell something funny... I am drinking these high protein drinks and on saturday i went to see my niece off to her prom (by the way Lairen was beautiful) but on the way i was talking to my nephews the weight lifters. I know that they are weight lifting and we talked about drinking protein drinks well being the expert I gave my opinion to them... it was funny because i thought they had been drinking these drinks for the last year or so because they are gettin muscles... and they way they talked they knew about EAS and had drank the drinks and like them... i found out on Sunday after talking to their mom that they had only drank 4 of the premade ones (which are gross in my standards)and that was the extent of their knowledge and that their coach had told them what to get.... I was so impressed with myself because i could talk to them that i never stopped to realize that a lot of what i said they never heard of...Sometimes i am too full of myself

tata for now folks

No comments:

Post a Comment