Friday, March 27, 2009

Eye Thing Discovered and hopefully repairable

Well I finally got into the eye Doctor. and this is what he found. My RK Scars look wonderful and are at about 90 percent deep (don't know what this means but sounded ominous). and the scars that occurred during my laser surgeries this last year looked well. but aparently about a week ago about the same time that I started having problems.. I had a blood vessel burst and blood pooled in my retina on my left side causing me to become fuzzy(you know trying to see through a blood pool). It covers 1/3 of my iris causing parts of my sight to become blurry or bleed or just go away all together. according to the doctor this will clear up but he said that the blood pool was still attached to the vessel and that any jarring, heavy movements (like shakingmy head), rubbing my eyes, or just about anything could cause the blood pool to break off (which it should have done at the beginning), causing this to either reopen the blood vessel or it could just leave it alone. or it could possibly tear my retina causing complete blindness. hmmm what to do... well we tried to get me into Nanda (the eye surgeon) immediately like this morning but that was a no go... so we opted for observation of the situation until Nanda can get me in to do more laser surgery to cauterize the blood vessel. While in there looking he also saw several spots that were weakened by diabetes that could potentially break and for me to be careful with all activities... So in a nut shell i have to be careful...

now on to baby news... my boy is crawling... yeah yeah yeah... he started last night because he wanted a piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment